Visitors 61
Modified 29-Aug-12
Created 29-Aug-12
145 photos

This was the first time Mike and I really caught a fire like this while on vacation. Got a call from Leiutenant John Gendon (who was also vacationing at the beach) asking me if I knew of the fire near the Pier. I thought he may be kidding until I turned on my radio. Mike and I took off and it was about 4 miles from where we were staying.<p>As we arrived Mutual aid companies were arriving and going to work. The fire was in the Galaxy Night Club at 10 East Grand Ave the last street before the Ocean. The building was wood construction measuring 75x50 and 2 stories. The building was built in 1931 and didnt have sprinklers inside. In 2007 a state law change required all exisiting bars and nightclubs with occupancy over 100 to install sprinklers on or before Sept 3, 2012.<p>Mutual aid to the fire came from Saco, Biddeford and Scarborough. Goodwins Mills provided station coverage. The building was a total loss.
Mike01.jpgMike02.jpgMike03.jpgMike05.jpgMike07.jpgMike08.jpgMike09.jpgMike10.jpgMike12.jpgMike13.jpgMike14.jpgMike15.jpgMike18.jpgMike19.jpgMike20.jpgMike21.jpgMike23.jpgMike25.jpgMike26.jpgMike27.jpg

Categories & Keywords
Category:
Subcategory:
Subcategory Detail:
Keywords: